Yama D. Nezam
* Not admitted in Washington
What you should know about me:
My IP practice supports multinational corporations and startups in obtaining U.S. and international patents to protect their inventions and products. My work is primarily directed to electrical and computer-implemented arts, such as telecommunications (e.g., 4G/5G), artificial intelligence, and applied machine learning technologies (e.g., autonomous vehicles).
- Previously advised U.S. government clients in the field of satellite communications, systems engineering, and system requirements development
Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Yama was an associate with an intellectual property boutique firm in Silicon Valley, CA where he drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to various technologies and performed due diligence with respect to the acquisition of bulk patent portfolios. Additionally, Yama was an associate in the electronics and software practice group of a large general practice firm in San Francisco, CA where he drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to various technologies, and counseled multinational corporations and startups by providing guidance on intellectual property strategies.
Yama is experienced with conducting patentability, clearance and validity studies, and related client counseling and opinion rendering.
Background & Credentials
- University of Virginia (B.S., Electrical Engineering, with distinction, 2005)
- George Mason University Law School (J.D., 2010)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Inns of Court
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Banner & Witcoff Intellectual Property Law Scholarship
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.