Trademarks and Copyrights
Powerful brands need powerful protection. D&M’s Trademark and Copyright attorneys are passionate about helping clients distinguish and protect their brands.
A Full-Service Trademark and Copyright Practice
Trademarks are often some of the most valuable assets a company owns. Our seasoned attorneys and paralegals have decades of experience helping clients with trademark clearance searches, trademark filings, and ongoing portfolio maintenance for applications and registrations in the U.S. and beyond. Our team collaborates with you to select, secure, protect, and enforce your brands, trademarks, and creative works and in furtherance of your business goals.
Clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups and universities confidently rely on Dority & Manning for portfolio analysis, licensing, dispute resolution, and litigation. We regularly procure, manage, and commercialize creative protection for global brands and their representative industries. We work to safeguard every aspect—from product configuration to design—that impacts your ability to conduct business.
Trademark & Copyright Litigation
Our team has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in contested trademark proceedings before federal and state courts, as well as in hundreds of opposition and cancellation actions before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). We also handle disputes involving copyrighted works, including copyright claims in the Federal Court of Claims and manage claims under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Multinational corporations entrust us to oversee their brand identity around the world. Our management of more than 15,000 trademark applications and registrations often includes monitoring services. These ongoing monitoring services ensure that opposition or cancellation opportunities are timely communicated to our clients.
D&M’s full-service Trademark and Copyright practice helps clients register and defend their products and services on an international scale. Our team partners with you to understand your business goals and collaborate to reveal the best way to protect or leverage your brand.
Our Trademark and Copyright Practice includes:
- Filing trademark registrations
- Trademark monitoring
- Representing clients (plaintiffs and defendants) in contested trademark cases before federal and state courts
- Representing clients’ opposition and cancellation actions before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Creating full diagnostic trademark clearance opinions focused on the likelihood of registration, and determining whether a proposed TM might infringe on another party’s rights
- Evaluating trademark registrability and use
- Devising and directing comprehensive global clearance opinions while producing results in accessible reports
- Proactive trademark portfolio analysis
- Filing copyright registrations and represent clients in copyright disputes
- Developing corporate copyright policies
Find an IP professional and see what makes Dority & Manning different.
D&M’s full-service team is equipped to protect IP and maximize its value for clients. We combine your expertise with ours to build successful IP strategies and to create a strong unit built on trust.