Lillian G. Fant
What you should know about me:
I am a proud member of D&M’s Electrical & Computer Science Team. My background in physics and math inspired me to focus my patent practice on the software arts, particularly within autonomous vehicle technologies and advanced software subject matter.
- Known to be an energetic, friendly and encouraging colleague whose door is always open
- Enjoys collecting and creating art in different media, including acrylic and oil paintings and mixed media works
- Favorite physics fun fact is that Albert Einstein referred to the theory of Quantum Entanglement as “Spooky Action at a Distance”
Lillian represents a variety of clients, from small, start-up organizations to large, Fortune 100 corporations. Lillian drafts and prosecutes patent applications within the electrical and software arts, specifically focusing on technologies such as computer hardware and software, autonomous vehicles, wireless networks, robotics, and electronic devices & components.
She enjoys diving into the background of each organization she partners with and connecting the dots to better implement the strategy driving their developing portfolios. Her wholistic approach to client counseling includes looking beyond individual applications and thinking about a client’s IP portfolios in their entirety.
Lillian specializes in the following sectors:
Background & Credentials
- Wofford College (B.S., Physics, cum laude, 2017)
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2021)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Volunteer
- CALI Award (Trusts and Estates, Patent Prosecution and Procedure)
- Heart of the Terrier Award (Wofford College)
- Sigma Pi Sigma (National Physics Honors Society)
- Teaching Assistant (Professor Usha Rodrigues, Contracts)
- President, University of Georgia School of Law Student Bar Association (2020-2021)
- Vice President, University of Georgia School of Law Intellectual Property Law Society (2019-2020)
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.