Jennifer L. Ulsh
What you should know about me:
I started my IP career as a patent agent with D&M in 2001 while finishing my MSEE degree at Clemson University. Over the last 20 years, it’s been a pleasure to help clients in electrical and computer science fields while learning new technologies. My practice focuses on patent prosecution and portfolio management for large, multinational corporations. I love working with inventors who use their creative gifts to improve the world around them.
- Known as the detail-oriented optimist
- Assistant trainer of her family’s field-bred golden retrievers
- Uses her spare time to dabble in alternative power source and mobile communication technologies for use in the Idaho backcountry
Jennifer helps lead collaborative teams assisting clients with patent portfolio procurement and management in the U.S. and international spheres. She takes the time to listen to client preferences and business goals to customize the IP services D&M offers. Jennifer strives to combine these unique insights with continuing state-of-the-art research in our clients’ technology fields to help develop and pursue targeted strategies with positive outcomes.
Jennifer’s technical experience covers a broad range of technologies, including pioneering electrical and computer science sectors such as autonomous vehicles and other robotics applications, applied machine learning applications, quantum computing, and advanced sensor and circuit technologies.
Jennifer handles a full range of intellectual property services, with a particular emphasis on patent portfolio development and management, invention education and gathering, patentability analysis, and related intellectual property agreements.
Background & Credentials
- Clemson University (B.S., Electrical Engineering, magna cum laude, 1999)
- Clemson University (M.S., Electrical Engineering, 2001)
- Campbell University – Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Carolina Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Association
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Tau Beta Pi
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Order of the Barristers
- Robert A Jenkins Award; International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award
- National Trial Competition Regional Champion
- Who’s Who in American Colleges & Universities
- Book Awards: Civil Procedure, Torts, Pre-Trial Litigation, Culture Law & Politics, Intellectual Property Law, Anti-Trust and Judicial Writing
- “Quaternary Direct-Sequence Spread-Spectrum System Performance,” IEEE Southeastcon Proceedings, March 1999.
- “In re Bilski: Another Piece of the Business Method Patent Puzzle,” South Carolina Lawyer, May 2009.
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.