Michael S. Walters
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Michael drafts and prosecutes patent applications primarily directed to electrical and computer-implemented subject matter.
- Michael also interfaces with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent applications across the world.
- Michael joined Dority & Manning as an associate attorney in 2020.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Michael worked as a summer associate for both a general practice firm in Palo Alto, CA, where he prosecuted electrical and software patent applications, and an IP boutique in Washington, D.C., where he prosecuted mechanical and design patent applications.
- While in law school as part of the Penn State Law Intellectual Property Clinic, Michael counseled small businesses and entrepreneurs on patents, trademarks, and copyrights. In addition, Michael also drafted and prosecuted patent applications for small businesses and entrepreneurs throughout Pennsylvania.
- Prior to law school, Michael interned for a small law practice in Huntsville, AL, where he aided in discovery review and trial preparation.
- Education: University of Alabama (B.A., Physics & Political Science, summa cum laude 2016); The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Law (J.D., magna cum laude 2020).
- Honors: Executive Editor for Intellectual Property and Online Media, Penn State Law Review 2019-2020; Woolsack Honor Society.