Steve A. Moore, Ph.D.
* Not admitted in South Carolina
What you should know about me:
In my 20+ years as an IP litigator, I have had the pleasure of representing clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies in all phases of patent litigation. As a patented inventor myself, I am passionate about innovation and enjoy helping clients secure successful outcomes in and out of the courtroom.
Steve has over 20 years of experience resolving complex litigation disputes. Drawing on his understanding of cutting-edge technologies and years of in-house experience, Steve has successfully advised clients in all phases of patent litigation, from initial counseling up through trial and appeal.
While Steve has worked on multidisciplinary patent cases he has particular experience with electrical engineering technologies, including telecommunications, application specific integrated circuits, optics, ASIC packaging, signal and image processing, video compression and distribution, radar, hardware, software, information technology, and medical devices, among others.
Steve has represented clients in over 170 IP related disputes, including 10 section 337 Unfair Import Investigations at the International Trade Commission, 10 cases before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, over 50 invalidity actions before the Patent Trials and Appeals Board, and over 100 cases in District Courts throughout the country.
Steve also has significant experience with Standards Setting Organizations.
Background & Credentials
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Ph.D, Electrical Engineering)
- California Western School of Law (J.D.)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (B.S., Electrical Engineering)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (M.S., Electrical Engineering)
- District of Columbia
- Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Hong Kong (Registered Foreign Lawyer)
- U.S. State Department’s International Telecommunications Advisory Council, Technical Advisor
- The official U.S. Delegation to the International Telecommunications Union, Member
News & Events
Dority & Manning Welcomes Patent Litigators Nicole Cunningham and Steve Moore SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA (October 24, 2022) – Intellectual Property firm Dority & Manning, P.A. has recently expanded its litigation practice with the hiring of two experienced IP litigators, Nicole Cunningham and Steve Moore. Cunningham and Moore join Dority & Manning’s newly opened San Diego …
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.