J. Rhoades White, Jr.
What you should know about me:
My role as a D&M Principal involves preparing, prosecuting, and managing U.S. and international patent applications in the mechanical and electromechanical arts. I work closely with inventors and apply my industry experience to help clients navigate their unique intellectual property needs and develop tailored solutions to help them leverage their valuable assets. In addition to managing complex patent portfolios, I also assist clients with licensing agreements, opinion work, infringement and validity matters, and various litigation services.
Rhoades’ IP practice concentrates on drafting and prosecuting patent applications and managing complex IP portfolios within the mechanical and electromechanical arts.
Rhoades’ industry knowledge spans a variety of technology areas including aeronautical propulsion engines and related control systems, power generation systems, agricultural machinery, locomotive and other industrial machinery, consumer appliances, and window treatments.
In addition to his prosecution practice, Rhoades has experience drafting and negotiating agreements involving complex intellectual property issues for large corporate clients, non-profit entities and universities, and individuals.
Background & Credentials
- Vanderbilt University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, cum laude, 2008)
- University of South Carolina (J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Legal Elite of the Upstate
- Articles Editor, South Carolina Law Review
- CALI Awards: Income Tax; Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- Order of the Coif
- “Products Liability Law for Design Defects in South Carolina: The Aftermath of Branham v. Ford Motor Co.,” South Carolina Law Review.
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.