Nicholas T. DeSetto
What you should know about me:
My duties as a Patent Agent include drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the computer science, electrical, and electromechanical arts. I regularly interface with international law firms to assist with managing and directing the prosecution of patent applications around the world.
- Known to be a kind and supportive team member who is always willing to help
- Involved in the design and development of vehicle test systems using a virtual test bed
Nick utilizes his unique industry experience to provide excellent services to clients and assist with various intellectual property issues. His familiarity with foreign and domestic patent preparation and prosecution have proven to be valuable to organizations within various technical areas including robotics, digital image processing, telecommunications, autonomous vehicles, ML, wireless networks, electronic devices, and computer hardware/software.
Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Nick conducted significant undergraduate research on connected vehicle systems and development of web applications.
Background & Credentials
- Clemson University (B.S., Computer Engineering, magna cum laude, 2019)
- Clemson University (B.S., Electrical Engineering, magna cum laude, 2019)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- United Ministries (Director 2012-2020, President/Chairman 2016-2017, Secretary 2013-2015)
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (President 2012-2013, Board of Directors 2006-2012)
- Intellectual Property and Unfair Trade Practice Committee for the South Carolina Bar (chair, 2008-2010)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Calhoun Honors College (Clemson University)
- Departmental Honors in Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering (Clemson University)
- Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.