Michael S. Walters
What you should know about me:
As a attorney on the Electrical & Computer Science team, I primarily draft and prosecute patent applications directed to electrical and computer-implemented innovations. I concentrate on machine-learning, user interfaces, and electrical devices and components. I truly enjoy learning about new subject matter and helping clients reach their intellectual property goals.
- Known by the team to be punctual, funny, hardworking, and Keeper of Good Snacks
- Competed in two legal hackathons in law school
Michael helps clients protect their intellectual property. He enjoys reviewing all of a client’s assets to better understand their total portfolios. Most of the time, Michael is assisting clients with preparing and prosecuting patent applications in electrical and computer-implemented subjects, but he also has experience in mechanical fields.
Michael has prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to machine-learning, user interfaces, electrical devices and components, 5G networks, mechanical devices, and a variety of other technologies.
He works with international law firms to manage and prosecute patent applications around the world, and handles clients of all sizes: from entrepreneurs just starting a business to well-established Fortune 500 companies.
Background & Credentials
- University of Alabama (B.A., Physics & Political Science, summa cum laude, 2016)
- The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Executive Editor for Intellectual Property and Online Media, Penn State Law Review 2019-2020
- Woolsack Honor Society
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.