Michael D. Gagliano
Not admitted in South Carolina
- Greenville, SC
- (864) 271-1592
What you should know about me:
My mechanical engineering background and dedication to understanding emerging technologies allows me to assist clients in a wide range of technical fields. I enjoy working with inventors and in-house counsel to fully grasp their inventions, business goals, and IP philosophies to develop competitive strategies that advance each client’s unique IP goals.
- Known to be dedicated and hard working – inside and outside of the office
- Competitive chess player and recreational surfer
- Built an automatic adhesive dispensing device for a company during engineering school
Michael helps clients with U.S. and international patent procurement and global IP portfolio management in the electromechanical and mechanical arts. He communicates frequently with clients about their IP needs and brings a sincere desire to understand their unique business goals and build an IP portfolio that allows them to advance.
Michael’s experience includes handling matters related to medical device and orthopedic device technologies; robotics; transportation technologies, including aeronautical and automotive; engines and related control systems; power generation systems; power tools; pumps; hydraulic cylinders; industrial, construction, medical and agricultural machinery; electrical devices; display systems, and many other innovations.
Michael focuses on the following sectors:
Background & Credentials
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2002)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Milwaukee School of Engineering Alumni Association (Area Chair)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – (A+) Agency and Partnership
- Presidential Scholarship Award (Milwaukee School of Engineering)
- M. Gagliano et al., Federal Circuit Provides Guidance on Prior Art Authentication and Publication Challenges, Dority & Manning (August 26, 2021).
- Michael D. Gagliano, Steel Framing: A Breakthrough in Framing Technology, Construction Dimensions, April 1999, at 111 – 114.
News & Events
Federal Circuit Provides Guidance On Prior Art Authentication And Publication Challenges
Summary: In Valve Corp. v. Ironburg Inventions Ltd., a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (“Federal Circuit”) held that the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (“Board”) improperly rejected the prior art status of a copy of an online article submitted as an exhibit, because the Board failed to compare the …
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.