J. Crockett Hailey, III
What you should know about me:
After gaining valuable experience at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and other IP boutique firms around the country, I am proud to be an associate at D&M. I am an engineer at heart and have always had a deep interest in new technologies, especially relating to mechanical and electromechanical fields. I thoroughly enjoy my…
- Known as an affable team player who offers encouragement and support
- Former patent examiner over the fields of heating, combustion, ovens, furnaces and solar devices
Crockett assists clients in managing their intellectual property portfolios in an efficient but thoughtful manner, taking into account the “big picture” of their business. Crockett plays an important role in how the D&M team functions: working as an integral part of each client’s in-house team rather than merely advising from an outside counsel perspective. Crockett drives communication and collaboration to effectively achieve each client’s goals.
Crockett offers experience in a wide variety of technologies including heating and cooling systems, defense technologies, medical treatment and rehabilitation devices, automotive components, lighting systems, gaming devices, power tools, and power generation systems.
Crockett’s practice spans a wide range of IP services, including patent portfolio development and management, strategic counseling, patent related opinions, and trademark registration.
Background & Credentials
- Mississippi State University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2009)
- University of Alabama, School of Law (J.D. 2012)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- CALI Award (Best Paper): Computers and the Law (Spring, 2011)
- Research Assistant (University of Alabama, School of Law, Professor Anne S. Hornsby)
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.