Caroline E. Leadmon
What you should know about me:
I am a proud member of D&M’s Chemical and Life Sciences Group. My background in biochemistry and animal science has positioned me to work in the chemical, electrochemical, pharmaceutical, and biochemical arts. I am excited and eager to help D&M’s clients reach their intellectual property goals.
- Known as an optimist whose door is always open
- 4x U.S. Figure Skating Association Gold Medalist
- Discovered the production of lysergic-acid derived ergot alkaloids, which are commonly used in pharmaceuticals, in a species of fungi
Caroline’s IP experience spans multiple industries. Specifically, Caroline has experience working in many diverse fields of technology, including polymer chemistry, medical devices and technologies, and pharmaceutical chemistry. Caroline is quick and eager to learn the full scope of the client’s technologies.
Caroline assists clients with patent application drafting, U.S. and international patent prosecution, and other matters, including Freedom To Operate opinions and due diligence analysis.
Background & Credentials
- West Virginia University (B.S., Biochemistry, B.S. Animal & Nutritional Sciences, summa cum laude, 2020)
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2023)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Google LSI Scholar
- CALI Award (Patent Law, Copyright, Torts, Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing II, Appellate Advocacy, American Constitutional History Seminar)
- President, West Virginia University College of Law Student Bar Association (2022-2023)
- Executive Alumni & Development Editor, West Virginia Law Review
- West Virginia University Order of Augusta
- West Virginia University Ms. Mountaineer
- West Virginia Executive Lawyers & Leaders Class of 2023
- Tu, S.S., Leadmon, C.E., Daval, C.J.R., Kesselheim, A.S. 2023. Inequitable Conduct and Invalidation of Patents Related to Food and Drug Administration-Regulated Products. Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Leadmon, C.E., Sampson, J.K., Maust, M.D., Macias, A.M., Rehner, S.A., Kasson, M.T., Panaccione, D.G. 2020. Several Metarhizium Species Produce Ergot Alkaloids in a Condition-Specific Manner. Applied and Environmental Microbiology.
- Cook, D., Lee S.T., Panaccione, D.G., Leadmon C.E., Clay, K., Gardner, D.R. 2019. Biodiversity of Convolvulaceous species that contain Ergot Alkaloids, Indole Diterpene Alkaloids, and Swainsonine. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology.
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.