Bethany J. Whelan
Not admitted in South Carolina
- Greenville, SC
- (864) 271-1592
What you should know about me:
I began my IP career almost 10 years ago, assisting life sciences clients with managing their patent and trademark portfolios. Over the years, I have developed a strong practice with a practical approach, providing strategic counsel and legal strategy to clients within these fields. I also maintain a robust trademark practice assisting clients with trademark portfolio management, including brand counseling and trademark clearance work. I enjoy working with a variety of client business units to bring creative solutions to their unique IP issues.
- Known as a creative, optimistic, problem solver
- A classically-trained pianist
- Previously conducted research directed to studying structural defects of DNA caused by butadiene adducts
Bethany assists clients with procurement and management of patent and trademark portfolios on a global scale in the chemical and mechanical arts, including pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, polymer compositions, diagnostics, medical devices, and consumer products.
Bethany enjoys partnering with a variety of business units within the corporate organization in order to provide intellectual property strategy from conception to product launch.
Bethany focuses on the following sectors:
Background & Credentials
- Vanderbilt University (B.M., Chemistry and Music, magna cum laude, 2007)
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 2012)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers (Florida 2019; South Carolina, 2019; Mid-South 2015-2019)
- Nashville’s Top 30 Under 30
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Middle-Tennessee
- Board of Directors, Young Lawyers Division of the Nashville Bar Association;
- Presenter, Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association CLE Seminar
- Board Member and Board Chair, Nashville Symphony
- Presenter, MTSU Women in Science and Technology
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.