Samuel G. Beckworth
What you should know about me:
As an associate at Dority & Manning, I work with clients and other Dority & Manning attorneys, patent agents, and support staff so that clients may realize their intellectual property goals. My five years of industry experience as an engineer prior to attending law school play an important role in my understanding of client business needs. I strive to listen and understand a particular client’s business so that we may work together to develop tailored intellectual property solutions.
- Known as a great listener and hard worker
- Visited 13 U.S. National Parks and 37 States in 31 years of life
- Published undergraduate research in Microfluidics and Nanofluidics journal directed to enhancing nanoparticle deposition using actuated synthetic cilia
Sam assists clients in mechanical field with U.S. and international patent procurement.
Prior to law school, Sam gained valuable experience working as a mechanical engineer in the logistics and warehouse automation industry. Sam applies his industry and legal knowledge to advance the client’s intellectual property portfolios. Sam strives to establish exceptional, long-lasting relationships with all clients through open lines of communication and high-quality service.
Background & Credentials
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, magna cum laude, 2014)
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 2022)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Georgia Intellectual Property Alliance
- Editorial Staff Member – Wake Forest Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law
- Member of Pi Tau Sigma – Mechanical Engineering Honor Society
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.