What you should know about me:
My in-house IP experience in the field of gene therapy coupled with my background in cell biology have positioned me well to work with clients in the biotechnology sector. I strive to become a valued team member in the businesses of the clients I serve. My passion is to find solutions and facilitate business goals while strategically protecting and leveraging IP.
- Known as the out-of-the-box thinker
- Walked the runway at New York Fashion Week in her early twenties
- Strategically structured an IP portfolio for a gene therapy company that contributed to its successful acquisition
Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Laura practiced as a patent agent at a biotherapeutics company where she managed a gene therapy IP portfolio and assisted with IP license agreements. Her academic background and practical experience inspired an IP career geared towards clients in the life sciences industry.
Laura’s in-house experience provides her with a unique vantage point for advising clients, patent drafting and prosecution, evaluation of patent portfolios, and assistance with IP transactional matters. When providing services, it is important for Laura to meet her clients’ needs in a high quality, personalized, and efficient manner.
Background & Credentials
- Caldwell University (B.A., Biology; Minor in Chemistry, summa cum laude, 2009)
- Rutgers University (M.S., Cell and Developmental Biology, 2014)
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2022)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Intellectual Property Clinic
- Arizona Law Journal of Emerging Technologies
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in: Contracts Drafting; Legal Research, Analysis & Communication I
- Dean’s Achievement Award scholarship
- Distinguished Scholars Award
- Tech Law Fellowship
- Ares Fellow for Property Law
- Laura Kohli, “Extraterritorial Patent Infringement: Gene Editing with CRISPR-Cas Perspective” (April 2021).
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.