Kathrynn M. Lyddane
What you should know about me:
I joined Dority & Manning after completing five years as a patent examiner for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, gaining valuable experiences that launched my IP career. Having a background in biomedical engineering, I am a life-long learner and enjoy researching new biomedical and electromechanical technologies. I enjoy working with clients on a wide…
- Known as a natural problem solver and friendly teammate
- Completed the Marine Corps Marathon
- “Science experiments” include brewing craft beer with her husband
Katie assists clients in biomedical and electromechanical fields with U.S. and international patent procurement. She uses her knowledge and experience as a former USPTO examiner to help clients achieve their business goals. Katie renders patent-related opinions, including validity and infringement opinions as well as freedom-to-operate analyses. In addition, she is experienced in trademark registration and trademark portfolio management.
Katie has worked with a variety of technologies in the biomedical and electromechanical arts, including enteral feeding systems; medical device insertion imaging technologies; respiratory technologies such as CPAP machines, anesthesia circuits, nebulizers, inhalers; medical imaging; active and passive exercise apparatus, including robotic exoskeletons; surgical and infection prevention products; drug delivery system; and others.
Background & Credentials
- University of Virginia (B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2013)
- George Washington University (J.D., with honors, 2018)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (Board Member, 2019-present)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- GW Law School Kappa Beta Pi Award, 2018
- Finnegan Intellectual Property Prize Writing Competition, 1st runner-up 2017
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.