Jason W. Johnston
What you should know about me:
My IP practice focuses on patent portfolio management and related prosecution, opinion work, and litigation with an emphasis on life sciences and chemical technologies. I work with large, multinational clients to offer expert counsel and help develop successful patent prosecution strategies that advance the client’s business goals and commercial agenda. My experience also includes patent…
- Known for his dedication to client service
- Has executed scale-up strategies for leading biotech companies
- Has been active in all areas of IP practice throughout his career
As Dority & Manning’s President, Jason oversees day-to-day activities of the firm to protect the interests of D&M clients and help maintain a healthy firm environment.
Jason’s career as an IP Attorney involves managing patent portfolios for national and international companies in a variety of industries, including chemical, electrochemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical, and mechanical arts.
Jason’s cross-sector experience includes his proficiency in the areas of medicinal chemistry (e.g., anti-viral compounds including Hepatitis inhibitors), diagnostic assays and biosensors, antimicrobials, passive electronic components (e.g., ceramic, electrolytic, and electrochemical capacitors), biomedical products, polymer processing and synthesis, semiconductor technology, nanotechnology, film fabrication, and nonwoven web processing.
Background & Credentials
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1996)
- University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- South Carolina Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.