James M. Bagarazzi
What you should know about me:
With over 40 years of experience, I’ve had the pleasure of representing numerous clients, large and small, in federal courts, state courts and administrative forums before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. My transparent nature provides clients with a robust understanding of their legal standing. I find that continuous communication, and a mutual understanding of the…
- Walking encyclopedia of Dority & Manning wisdom, stories, people, clients, growth and achievements
- Former engineer for a U.S. Department of Defense contractor, who powered the Trident Class submarines
- As an undergraduate, co-authored an article in the American Journal of Physics on double exposure interferometry
Jim’s IP practice includes a comprehensive trademark practice, strategic patent analysis, preparation of US patent applications and prosecution of US patent applications relating to medical treatment devices, atomic emission sources and related analytical instruments, automotive technology, piezoelectric sensors, industrial printing machinery, semiconductor manufacturing, textile machinery, agricultural machinery.
In addition, Jim has represented clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal board, as well as, in Federal Courts lawsuits involving utility patents, design patents, trademarks & copyrights. He works alongside national and international clients from pre-filing analysis and planning, through petition before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Background & Credentials
- Fairfield University (B.S., Physics, cum laude, 1973)
- George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 1980)
- South Carolina
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (Past President)
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-author, “Double Exposure Interferometry,” American Journal of Physics.
- Co-author, “Licensing Impact of Foreign Policy Motivated Retroactive Reexport Regulations,” Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law.
- Co-author, “Developments at the United Nations Conference on Science and Technology,” The Trademark Reporter.
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.