D. Wes Griffith, III
What you should know about me:
My industry experience and legal training has uniquely positioned me to effectively represent clients pursuing strong patent portfolios. I enjoy building relationships with clients and actively listening so that I may better understand who they are, how the organization functions, and how I can best meet their needs.
- Known as an optimist who loves a good laugh
- Avid Chelsea fan who has placed #1 in his Fantasy Premier League four years running
- Helped with the patent design of truck bed storage in middle school, sparking his interest in a career in IP
Wes assists clients by drafting and prosecuting patent applications primarily directed to the biomedical, biochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, and mechanical arts. He also partners with international law firms to manage and prosecute patent applications globally, and provides opinion work specifically tailored to client needs.
Wes has particular experience helping clients with M&A transactions. In a recent matter, Wes conducted due diligence for a multibillion-dollar, industry-shaping acquisition.
Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Wes worked as an associate engineer for one of the largest U.S. nuclear waste management facilities. Afterwards, he was a production engineer and served as the North American expert on filtration processes for a leading textile chemicals manufacturer.
Background & Credentials
- Clemson University (B.S., Chemical Engineering, 2016)
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- CALI Award (Solo and Small Firm Practice)
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.