Bill R. Waite
* Not admitted in South Carolina
What you should know about me:
As an associate with Dority & Manning’s Electrical Engineering & Computer Science team, my primary focus is prosecuting software patents, including a variety of machine learning patents. My favorite part of the job is the opportunity to better understand cutting-edge software technology — the more technical, the better!
- Quick learner who’s never afraid of a new challenge
- Ranked Minesweeper player
- Rock climbing enthusiast
Bill has a diverse technical background and is highly experienced in complex electrical and computer-related subjects.
Within the D&M team, Bill specializes in drafting and securing patents for both local and global organizations. He serves a wide range of clients, from innovative startups to well-known Fortune 500 companies. Bill excels at quickly grasping the intricate details of his clients’ state-of-the-art technologies.
Background & Credentials
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (B.S., Computer Science, cum laude, 2007)
- University of Alabama (J.D., summa cum laude, 2020)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- CALI Award (Copyright, Legal Research and Writing, Civil Procedure, Pretrial Advocacy, Jurisprudence, Torts, Criminal Law, Weapons of Mass Destruction)
- University of Alabama School of Law, Dean M. Leigh Harrison Award
- Order of Barristers
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.