- Education: Fairfield University (B.S., cum laude, Physics, 1973); George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors 1980).
- Admissions: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; U.S. Claims Court; U.S. Supreme Court.
- Civic and Community Service: American Bar Association; Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (Former President).
- Honors: AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Publications: Co-author, “Double Exposure Interferometry,” American Journal of Physics; Co-author, “Licensing Impact of Foreign Policy Motivated Retroactive Reexport Regulations,” Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law; Co-author, “Developments at the United Nations Conference on Science and Technology,” The Trademark Reporter.
CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.