Stephen J. Brown
Licensed to practice in:
New Jersey, New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas
- Steve drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic arts.
- Steve coordinates with multinational corporations, startups, and universities to provide world-wide management and growth of large and small patent portfolios.
- Steve has drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), pharmaceutical delivery formulations, polymer chemistry, adhesives, thin film separation membranes, hair and skin care products, food products and manufacturing processes, medical devices, and consumer packaging.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Steve was a senior attorney with an intellectual property boutique firm in New Jersey where he drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to various technologies and performed detailed opinion analyses regarding infringement, validity, and right-to-practice. Additionally, Steve was a senior associate in the chemical and pharmaceutical practice group of a large general practice firm in New York where he drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to various technologies, and counseled multinational corporations, startups, and universities by providing guidance on intellectual property strategies.
- Education: Michigan State University (B.S., Chemistry, 1992); University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce School of Law (J.D., LL.M. in Intellectual Property, 1999).
- Professional and Community Activities: American Bar Association; American Intellectual Property Law Association.