Stephanie J. Jenks
Licensed to practice in:
California, District of Columbia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing, prosecuting, and managing U.S. and international patent applications.
- Managing extensive and complex patent portfolios.
- Experience with patentability, clearance, freedom-to-operate, non-infringement, and invalidity search projects and related matters.
- Stephanie concentrates her patent drafting and prosecution practice in the electrical and software arts. Stephanie has particular experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications involving machine learnings (e.g., deep neural networks) and other forms of artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, big data, networking and databases, wireless communications, cybersecurity, camera security systems, privacy and security protocols, digital content management and delivery, consumer software, cloud-based services, and speech recognition.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Stephanie was an associate in the intellectual property group of a large nationwide general practice firm in Washington, DC where she drafted and prosecuted U.S. and international applications related to various technologies for clients of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to startups.
- Education: New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (B.S., Physics, 2010); University of Arizona (M.S., Astronomy, 2013); University of New Hampshire School of Law (J.D., 2016).
- Civic and Community Service: Giles S. Rich American Inn of Court (Member); Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (Panelist).
- Achievements and Honors: University of New Hampshire Law School 40th Anniversary Scholarship recipient; Patent Law and Practice Award.