Ryan M. Clairmont
Licensed to practice in:
Representative Practice Areas:
- Ryan Clairmont drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the chemical, biochemical, biological, machine learning and software fields.
- Ryan also interfaces with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent applications across the world.
- Ryan also works with clients to perform freedom to operate (FTO) searches and develop patent portfolio strategies.
- Ryan has been with Dority & Manning since 2018.
- Prior to working at Dority & Manning, Ryan worked for a national firm in the Atlanta area as a Patent Agent.
- Ryan’s research and industry experience includes the study of organic catalysts for generating carbon-carbon bonds from aldehydes. He also has extensive experience optimizing and developing analytical techniques using HPLC, MS, and MSMS.
- Outside the office, Ryan uses Python libraries to mine data from the internet and develop machine learning models to analyze and assess the data.
- Education: University of Virginia (B.S., Chemical Engineering, with distinction, 2010); Georgia Institute of technology (M.S., Chemical Engineering 2015; Ph.D., Chemical Engineering 2016).
- Publications: Clairmont, R.M., Bommarius, A.S. & Weber, A.L. J Mol Evol (2015) 81: 1.