Michael J. Wrobel
Licensed to practice in:
New Jersey, New York, Texas, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas Have Included:
- Helping clients build strategic patent portfolios that protect valuable innovation and business interests, including working with various stakeholders to identify and capture new inventions.
- Assisting U.S. and international companies with drafting and prosecuting patent applications in a wide range of software and computer-related technologies.
- Performing open source license reviews, and working with clients to develop open source policies and procedures.
- Preparing, advising, and negotiating intellectual property provisions of contracts and license agreements.
- Evaluating and performing due diligence on patent portfolios that have been offered for sale or license.
- Providing intellectual property review and counseling in areas such as copyright, trade secrets, participation in industry organizations, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Michael joined Dority & Manning in 2020.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Michael served as Senior Intellectual Property Counsel for a global FinTech company.
- Michael also gained experience as a Patent Attorney with an AmLaw 100 firm in Dallas, Texas.
- Prior to becoming an attorney, Michael worked in the software industry for ten years where he developed applications and systems for financial services and healthcare.
- Education: Indiana University of Pennsylvania (B.S., Computer Science, magna cum laude); Drexel University (M.S., Information Systems); Temple University (M.B.A.); University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010).
- Presentations: Open Source: What’s in Your Software?, 2019; Patent Eligibility of Software Inventions, 2017.
- Professional Certifications: CIPP/US – Certified Information Privacy Professional, U.S.