Michael D. Templeton
Licensed to practice in:
Michigan, U. S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. patent and trademark applications.
- Interfacing with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent applications across the world.
- Mike has been with Dority & Manning since 2019.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Mike was an associate at an AmLaw 200 law firm in the Phoenix-Metro Area and a Firm based in Grand Rapids, MI, where he prepared and prosecuted patent applications and prepared patentability and non-infringement opinions. He also represented clients in various trademark, copyright, and trade secret matters.
- Mike has drafted and prosecuted patent applications across a vast array of technology areas, including lighting systems, sensor systems, wireless communication systems, autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, consumer appliances, medical devices, and surgical instruments.
- Prior to practicing law, Mike gained industry experience as an engineer for a vehicle original equipment manufacturer and a tier one automotive supplier. In these positions, he designed and manufactured vehicle cockpit modules and vehicle driveline components.
- Education: Oakland University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering 2010); Michigan State University (J.D., cum laude 2014).
- Civic and Community Service: American Bar Association, Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association, Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA), Michigan State College of Law, USPTO International Patent Drafting Competition (Coach), Michigan State College of Law, Giles Rich Patent Moot Court (Coach), VEX Robotics Competition (Coach)
- Honors: NCAA Mid-Major All-American (Swimming), Giles Rich Patent Moot Court, National Finalist