Michael D. Gagliano
Licensed to practice in:
Illinois, Pennsylvania, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing, prosecuting, and managing numerous U.S. and international patent applications in various technologies.
- Managing extensive and complex patent portfolios.
- Expertise in diverse areas of biomedical, electromechanical, and mechanical engineering.
- Preparing and prosecuting federal trademark applications.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Michael obtained extensive intellectual property law experience working as an intellectual property attorney at a nationally recognized AMLaw 100 firm in Indiana and at intellectual property boutique firms in Alexandria and Pittsburgh.
- Representative technologies that Michael has worked on include numerous medical device and orthopedic device technologies; robotics; transportation technologies including aeronautical and automotive; engines and related control systems; power generation systems; power tools; pumps; hydraulic cylinders; industrial, construction, medical and agricultural machinery; and numerous other technologies.
- During law school, Michael worked as a patent law intern at the Milwaukee School of Engineering in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Education: Milwaukee School of Engineering (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2002); University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2006).
- Civic and Community Service: Milwaukee School of Engineering Alumni Association (Area Chair); American Intellectual Property Law Association.
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award – (A+) Agency and Partnership; Presidential Scholarship Award (Milwaukee School of Engineering).
- Publications: Michael D. Gagliano, Steel Framing: A Breakthrough in Framing Technology, Construction Dimensions, April 1999, at 111 – 114.