Licensed to practice in:
Illinois, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Limited Recognition)
Representative Practice Areas:
- Lawrence prepares and prosecutes U.S. and international patent applications in various technologies.
- Lawrence joined Dority & Manning in 2017.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Lawrence was an associate at an intellectual property boutique firm in Troy, Michigan where he drafted and prosecuted U.S. and international applications related to various technologies.
- Additionally, Lawrence was an associate in the intellectual property group of a large nationwide general practice firm in Rochester, New York where he drafted and prosecuted U.S. and international applications related to various technologies; and engaged in intellectual property due diligence including patent portfolio analysis, trademark review, and review of patent and technology licensing agreements.
- Lawrence has experience with various technologies in the computer, electrical, electromechanical, and mechanical arts, including augmented reality, video coding, wearable technology, user interfaces, network traffic management devices, storage devices, resource virtualization, data processing, piezoelectric devices, and medical devices.
- Prior to law school, Lawrence was a member of the Canadian national rowing team.
- Education: Wayne State University (B.S., Computer Science with Honors, 2007); Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2012)