Licensed to practice in:
Texas, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Ko prepares and prosecutes U.S. and international patent applications in the mechanical arts with a particular emphasis on aviation.
- Ko interfaces with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent applications across the world.
- Ko has been with Dority & Manning since 2019. He was previously with an IP boutique firm in Houston, TX from 2005 to 2019.
- Ko has extensive experience drafting, reviewing, filing, and prosecuting U.S. utility and design patent applications. Ko’s experience includes working with several multinational automotive and consumer electronics clients.
- Ko also has experience drafting and filing appeal briefs and conducting oral hearings before the PTAB.
- Ko has experience drafting opinions and non-disclosure agreements.
- Ko has given presentations to the Japan Patent Office, the Japanese IP High Court, and various Japanese companies and firms on various topics regarding U.S. patent law.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2003); University of Michigan (M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2005); University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2010).
- Member: American IP Law Association; Houston IP Law Association; U.S. Bar – Japan Patent Office Liaison Council; National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
- Languages: Native fluency in English and Japanese.