- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Bioengineering with concentration in Bioelectrical Engineering, 2009, magna cum laude); University of Washington (J.D., 2012, high honors (top 5% of graduating class)); Certificate in Machine Learning from Stanford University, 2020.
- Honors: Order of the Coif; Washington State Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Scholarship Award Winner; Executive Board Member, University of Washington Moot Court Honor Board.
Presentations and Publications:
- USPTO Report Traces the Rapid Diffusion of Artificial Intelligence Technologies across U.S. Patent Filings, Dority & Manning (Dec. 17, 2020), available here;
- Balancing Patent and Trade Secret Protection for AI-Based Inventions, The Knowledge Group (Dec. 2020);
- USPTO Reports on Public Views of Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property Policy, Dority & Manning (Nov. 5, 2020), available here;
- U.S. Patent Issues in Artificial Intelligence, Law Offices of Shiga International Patent Office (Dec. 2019);
- Overview of the Approach to AI in the United States, Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property: A Global Perspective, Imperial Hotel Tokyo (Dec. 2019);
- When an Inter Partes Review is Instituted the USPTO is Required to Decide the Patentability of All Claims Challenged By Petitioner, Dority & Manning (May 9, 2018), available here;
- Loaded Question: Examining Loadable Kernel Modules Under the General Public License v2, Washington Journal of Law, Technology, and Arts, 7 Wash. J.L. Tech. & Arts 265 (2012).