James E. Dority
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- James drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the biomedical, biochemical, chemical, electrochemical and mechanical arts.
- James also interfaces with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent applications across the world.
- James joined Dority & Manning as an associate attorney in 2020.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning as an associate, James worked as a summer associate for both Dority & Manning and a general practice firm in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he assisted in the drafting and prosecution of chemical and mechanical patent applications.
- During his undergraduate education, James worked with General Electric in the gas turbine combustion and performance data modeling units.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Chemical Engineering, cum laude, 2017); University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2020).
- Honors: Certificate in Intellectual Property; CALI Awards (Legal Drafting, Patent Prosecution); Journal of Technology Law & Policy 2018–19 Editor of the Year; Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society).