Edward H. Kiessling, IV
Licensed to practice in:
Alabama, South Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent and trademark applications.
- Eddie joined Dority & Manning in 2016.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Eddie spent four years as in-house intellectual property counsel for a startup company where he prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to RFID tracking systems.
- Eddie has familiarity with technologies in the electrical and mechanical arts, including RFID technology, telecommunications, medical devices, and software/applications.
- During law school, Eddie worked in the Chief Counsel’s Office at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
- Education: University of Alabama in Huntsville (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, summa cum laude, 2008); Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (J.D., 2011); University of Alabama in Huntsville (B.S., Electrical Engineering, summa cum laude, 2015).
- Civic and Community Service:Alabama Bar Association.
- Honors:Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society); Eta Kappa Nu (National Electrical Engineering Honor Society); Pi Tau Sigma (National Mechanical Engineering Honor Society).
- Publications: Takedown Requests Directed to Non-Parties may not be Sufficient to Establish Personal Jurisdiction in Declaratory Judgment Actions, Dority & Manning (March 23, 2018), available here.