Blake A. Nickles
Licensed to practice in:
Ohio, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Blake drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the materials and mechanical arts.
- Blake also interfaces with international law firms to direct worldwide patent prosecution and strategize new product development.
- Blake joined Dority & Manning in 2020.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Blake was in-house senior patent counsel for a leading international electrical engineering and manufacturing company and in-house patent counsel for a Fortune 50 company in its power generation business. While in-house, Blake helped manage large international IP portfolios, supported IP transactions, strategized inbound and outbound enforcements, and performed M&A IP diligence.
- Blake has significant experience in a wide range of mechanical and electrical technologies including additive manufacturing, power generation and distribution, lighting fixtures and controls, automotive systems and components, and construction.
- Blake also has experience in wholistic IP protection strategies including trademark and copyright matters, data collection and compliance, and software development and licensing including open source integration.
- Education: University of Michigan (B.S.E., Materials Science and Engineering, 2005); University of Illinois at Chicago John Marshall Law School (J.D., 2008).
- Civic and Community Service: Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (President); Greenville Zoo Foundation (Vice-Chair), Association of Spaceflight Professionals (Board Member 2017-2019), United Way of Greenville County (Health Organizations Evaluation Board Member 2012-2014)