Bethany J. Whelan
Licensed to practice in:
Florida, Tennessee, U. S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Bethany drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the biomedical, biochemical, chemical, electrochemical and mechanical arts.
- Bethany also drafts and manages trademark portfolios across the globe.
- Bethany’s research and industry experience includes conducting nuclear magnetic resonance screening to identify lead compound material for drug optimization and development of new cross-discipline techniques for drug discovery.
- She has been involved with conducting research directed to studying structural defects of DNA caused by butadiene adducts.
- Education: Vanderbilt University (B.M., Chemistry and Music, magna cum laude 2007); Vanderbilt University (J.D., 2012).
- Civic and Community Service: Board Member and Board Chair, Nashville Symphony; Rising Star, Super Lawyers (Florida 2019, Mid-South 2015-2018); Nashville’s Top 30 Under 30, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Middle-Tennessee; Board of Directors, Young Lawyers Division of the Nashville Bar Association; Presenter, Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association CLE Seminar; Presenter, MTSU Women in Science and Technology