Andrew W. Werner
Licensed to practice in:
Minnesota, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing, prosecuting, and managing U.S. and international patent applications.
- Managing extensive and complex patent portfolios.
- Experience with patentability, clearance, freedom-to-operate, non-infringement, and invalidity search projects and related matters.
- Andrew has been with Dority & Manning since 2020.
- Andrew concentrates his patent drafting and prosecution practice in the mechanical and electromechanical arts. Andrew has particular experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications involving additive manufacturing, aerospace turbomachinery and related control systems, power generation systems, fluid management systems, industrial cleaning equipment, and fire mitigation systems.
- Education: Saint John’s University (B.S., Applied Physics, Mathematics); Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D., 2014, cum laude).
- Admissions: Minnesota Supreme Court; U.S. District Court of Minnesota.
- Civic and Community Service: Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association; American Intellectual Property Law Association.
- Achievements and Honors: Mitchell Hamline Student Intellectual Property Law Association (Vice President, Treasurer), Cybaris© An Intellectual Property Law Review.
- Publications: “Patent Freedom to Operate Searches, Opinions, Techniques, and Studies,” co-author, August 11, 2017, ABA; “Intellectual Property Law for Business Lawyers,” contributor from 2012-2017, annual, Thomson West.