Seth’s IP services include preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent and trademark applications, as well as, rendering patent related options including validity, infringement, and right to practice opinions. Seth has diverse technical experience relating to the electromechanical and mechanical arts, including power generation and control systems, computing, networking, communication systems, and electronic components.
Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Seth worked for an electric utility company in New Orleans, Louisiana and contributed to their transmission business unit on regulatory and energy policy matters. Seth also spent four years at a litigation boutique law firm where he litigated complex cases involving intellectual property, environmental, oil and gas, toxic tort, products liability, insurance, and construction matters.
Background & Credentials
- Iowa State University (B.S., Electrical Engineering, With Distinction, 2005)
- Washington University in St. Louis (J.D., 2008)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Giles Sutherland Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition (2007 and 2008), 2008 Northeast Region Best Appellee Brief
- CALI Award: Sports Law Planning and Drafting
- National Merit Scholar
- Eta Kappa Nu (National Electrical Engineering Honor Society)
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.