What you should know about me:
While in law school, I discovered a passion for all aspects of intellectual property, from patents to copyrights and trademarks. My computer science background and experience as a software developer and tester allows me to better understand new advancements in software and related technologies. I support clients through a variety of services including the development of advanced IP strategies, international IP protection, patent prosecution, and portfolio management.
- Known as the organized planner
- Has been training and competing in Brazilian jiu jitsu since 2017
- Presented a tech talk on RSA cryptography with code to demonstrate file encryption and decryption
Kristen has experience in a variety of electrical engineering and computer science technologies including machine learning, quantum computing, and autonomous vehicles. Kristen enjoys working with inventors, learning about new technologies, and developing unique solutions to strategically protect and leverage the clients IP.
Kristen couples her education and industry experience to help clients navigate the patent process and achieve their business goals.
Background & Credentials
- Hofstra University (B.A., Music, 2011)
- St. Joseph’s University, New York (B.S., Computer Science and Mathematics, summa cum laude, 2015)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (J.D., cum laude, 2022)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Research and Writing Editor, American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Vol. 45.
- Scholar of Merit Award for Intellectual Property, Copyright Law, Trademark Law, and International Intellectual Property
- “It’s Still Rock and Roll” – But Are Its Chord Progressions Copyrightable and Subject to an Infringement Claim or Are They Unprotected Scenes a Faire?, 45 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 157 (2021).
- Intellectual Property Law – How Should a Court Proceed in Copyright Infringement Cases When the Plaintiff Did Not Allege Copyright Registration in Its Complaint? – Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp. v. Wall-Street.com, LLC, 139 S. Ct. 881 (2019), 44 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 245 (2020).
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.