Frederick W. Dour
* Not admitted in South Carolina
What you should know about me:
After a 20-year engineering career, including 10 years as a patent agent, I went to law school with the singular goal of becoming a patent attorney. I’ve found the engineering experience to be invaluable in building relationships with inventors. During inventor interviews, the common experience and language allows a free discussion, often leading to broader…
- Known as a stickler for correct grammar
- Has won numerous awards for his homemade wine
- Is a patented inventor, along with his grandfather and great-grandfather
Fred’s practice is focused on IP counseling and patent preparation and prosecution. Fred has significant experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications for medical devices, automotive components, heavy equipment, eyewear, composites, papermaking equipment, and telecommunications. Fred’s broad engineering experience makes him particularly versatile in the mechanical arts with expertise in injection molding, automated assembly, and mechanical components.
Background & Credentials
- Manhattan College (B.E.M.E., Mechanical Engineering, 1986)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- New Jersery
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.