Edward H. Kiessling, IV
- Greenville, SC
- (864) 271-1592
What you should know about me:
I’m an associate attorney in the Electrical/Computer Science Group with a dual background in electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. I enjoy working with inventors to understand and protect their inventions as well as working with in-house counsel to fully understand each organization’s business goals, so we can develop competitive strategies and successfully achieve them.
- Known as a detail-oriented problem solver
- An avid runner who enjoys the thrill of competitive distance running
- Drafted a patent application related to NASA’s next generation space launch vehicle while interning at Marshall Space Flight Center
Edward helps clients with U.S. and international patent procurement and global IP portfolio management. His experience spans a range of technologies in the electrical arts, including radio-frequency (RF) antennas, semiconductor manufacturing processes, light detection and ranging (Lidar) systems, light emitting diode (LED) lighting systems, avionics systems, and telecommunications (e.g., 4G/5G).
In the mechanical arts, Edward also has experience with technologies involving gas turbine engines, consumer products, and power generation and control systems.
Before Dority & Manning, Edward spent four years as an in-house IP counsel for a startup company preparing and prosecuting patent applications for RFID tracking systems.
Edward focuses on the following sectors:
Background & Credentials
- University of Alabama in Huntsville (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, summa cum laude, 2008)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (J.D., 2011)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville (B.S., Electrical Engineering, summa cum laude, 2015)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Alabama Bar Association
- Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
- Eta Kappa Nu (National Electrical Engineering Honor Society)
- Pi Tau Sigma (National Mechanical Engineering Honor Society)
News & Events
Takedown Requests Directed to Non-Parties may not be Sufficient to Establish Personal Jurisdiction in Declaratory Judgment Actions
The United States District Court for the Central District of California recently held that personal jurisdiction for a declaratory judgment action does not exist when, in addition to sending a cease-and-desist letter, the defendant sends a takedown request that is directed to a non-party. Jobar Int’l Inc. v. Juka Innovations Corp., No. LA CV17-07441 JAK …
Jason Pittman, Edward Kiessing, and Robert Williams Join Dority & Manning
Dority & Manning is proud to announce that Jason A. Pittman has joined the firm. Jason is a member of the South Carolina Bar. Jason earned a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from The Citadel; and a J.D. from Charleston School of Law. Edward H. Kiessling has also joined Dority & Manning. Eddie is registered to …
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.