Christina L. Mangelsen
What you should know about me:
More than 20 years ago, I became the first patent agent at Dority & Manning. My background is in chemical engineering with studies in traditional chemical engineering training and additional coursework in biochemistry and molecular biology. My work at D&M includes preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications for corporate, university, and individual clients.
- Known for a willingness to tackle any project
- Certified 4th degree black belt in Taekwondo
Christina works with a variety of clients, ranging from individual inventors to multinational corporations who market their ideas. She provides patent prosecution services from invention analysis and prior art searching to successful issuance of patent claims.
Christina focuses on traditional chemical engineering, bioengineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, advanced materials, and other scientific fields. Her experience in specific technologies includes polymer chemistry, nanotechnologies and optics, water purification systems, energy storage systems, nonwoven materials technologies, and recycling technologies.
Background & Credentials
- University of Colorado (B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1985)
- Greenville Technical College (A.S., Public Service with a major in Paralegal Studies, with honors, 2001)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association
- Intermediate French
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.