Carlo Julio Salas
What you should know about me:
Carlo drafts and prosecutes patent applications mostly in the electromechanical and chemical arts. Carlo oversees global patent portfolios for small and large organizations, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups. Carlo’s practice also includes managing domestic and international trademark portfolios for D&M’s robust clientele.
- Known as the friendly and outspoken team member
- As a teenager, Carlo earned his black belt in Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan, which roughly translates to “the brotherhood and school of stopping inner and outer conflict and developing virtue according to the way of the worthy hand”
- Carlo was born in Caracas, Venezuela and raised in South Florida. Carlo was educated and has worked throughout the Southeast and Carlo is proud to call the Southeast USA home
Carlo Julio’s Experience
Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Carlo served as counsel for an intellectual property boutique in Atlanta supporting U.S. and international clients in utility and design patent prosecution, patentability searches and analysis, IP transaction and agreements, and trademark prosecution.
Carlo also gained valuable experience while working in technology transfer and commercialization roles at the University of Georgia and at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Carlo’s patent practice spans a variety of technologies including applications for complex industrial systems, power generation systems, clean and renewable technology, wastewater treatment systems, control systems, aerospace and defense equipment, personal protective equipment, and others.
Carlo enjoys working with and learning from the talented team of IP professional at D&M. Carlo takes a “listen first, then understand, translate, and confirm” approach to working with clients, especially those dealing with complex technologies and technical solutions. Carlo also enjoys working with inventors and in-house counsel to fully grasp his clients’ inventive concepts, business goals, and IP philosophies to develop competitive strategies that advance their organizations. Carlo always attempts to provides unique solutions tailored to his client’s ever-changing business goals.
Background & Credentials
- University of Florida (B.S.; B.A., 2009)
- University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., Concentration in Business Transactions, 2013)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.