Blake A. Nickles
- Greenville, SC
- (864) 271-1592
What you should know about me:
I am an energetic IP attorney with a combination of private practice and in-house experience. My unique background ensures a business-focused partner who provides clear and constructive solutions tailored to each situation. I have a passion for navigating complex, cutting-edge innovations at the forefront of tomorrow’s market. Believing that all relationships are long-term investments, I take pride in providing every client with multi-phased solutions to account for continuously evolving technology.
- Known to be personable and offer candid and constructive counsel
- Taught my youngest daughter to walk while camping in the woods
- An inventor with five granted U.S. patents for mechanical and electrical technologies
Blake handles multiple facets of IP protection, including international patent preparation and prosecution, portfolio management, transaction support, and M&A diligence. Blake works towards achievable solutions to protect long-term business interests while offering actionable advice to clients.
With an interdisciplinary background in materials science and engineering, Blake has significant experience in a wide range of mechanical and electrical technologies including additive manufacturing, power generation and distribution, consumer and commercial outdoor products, lighting fixtures and controls, automotive systems and components, and construction. He gained valuable experience during previous roles as in-house senior patent counsel for a leading international electrical engineering and manufacturing company and as in-house patent counsel for a Fortune 50 power generation company.
Blake understands that each client is unique and believes it is critical to understand their particular business, products, and underlying technology in order to provide valuable IP services.
Blake focuses on the following sectors:
Background & Credentials
- University of Michigan (B.S.E., Materials Science and Engineering, 2005)
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (Past President)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Greenville Zoo Foundation (Board of Directors, Past Chair)
- Temple of Israel (Board of Directors, Financial Secretary)
- Association of Spaceflight Professionals (Past Board Member and Secretary)
- United Way of Greenville County (Past Evaluation Team Board Member)
- 2021 Legal Elite – Intellectual Property and Innovation.
Looking for a change of pace?
D&M is committed to empowering employees with the right training, tools, and resources to reach their highest potential. Explore opportunities for every stage of your career.