William E. Wooten
Licensed to practice in:
District of Columbia, North Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications.
- Rendering patent related opinions, including validity, infringement, and right to practice opinions.
- Will joined Dority & Manning in 2017.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Will worked for an intellectual property boutique in Washington, D.C., where he prepared and prosecuted patent applications in the computer and telecommunications arts and litigated intellectual property disputes.
- Prior to law school, Will served as an officer in the U.S. Navy and worked in information technology for an aerospace wire manufacturer.
- Education: North Carolina State University (B.S., Computer Science, summa cum laude, 2004); University of North Carolina (J.D., with honors, 2010)
- Honors: Law Review, Gressman-Pollitt Award for Oral Advocacy