Tyler P. Espy
Licensed to practice in:
Representative Practice Areas:
- Tyler drafts and prosecutes patent applications primarily directed to electrical and computer-implemented subject matter.
- Tyler also has experience in contested administrative proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including AIA post grant review proceedings such as inter partes reviews.
- Tyler joined Dority & Manning as a patent agent in 2018.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning as a patent agent, Tyler worked as a summer associate for both Dority and Manning and a general practice firm in Charlotte, North Carolina where he drafted and prosecuted software and electrical patent applications.
- Prior to law school, Tyler worked as a developer for Command Alkon Incorporated, where he developed software for a suite of applications directed to facilitating the production and transportation of concrete.
- Auburn University (B.S., Software Engineering, Cooperative Degree 2016); Emory University School of Law (Anticipated May 2019).