Timothy A. Cassidy
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, Ohio, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Managing large and small patent portfolios.
- Preparing infringement opinions and validity analyses of patents.
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. and in countries all over the world.
- Negotiating and drafting license agreements.
- Tim has been at Dority & Manning, since 1998 and is a Principal of the firm.
- Early in his career, Tim devoted a significant amount of time to patent and trademark litigation matters.
- Tim has expertise in polymer processing, polymer chemistry, and in pulp and paper chemistry and has represented clients in the areas of consumer products, paper manufacturing, medical device manufacturing, heating systems and chemical vapor deposition systems for semiconductor wafers, textiles, agricultural systems, aquaculture systems, pharmaceuticals, and the manufacture of light fixtures and lighting systems.
- Prior to attending law school, Tim worked over five years for First Energy Corporation in northwestern Ohio in their chemistry section. While at First Energy, Tim was responsible for monitoring pollutant levels in wastewater discharges and monitoring sulfur dioxide emissions. Tim also had responsibility for various engineering projects to improve plant performance.
- Education: University of Toledo (B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1989); University of Toledo (J.D., cum laude, 1992).
- Civic and Community Service: Federal Circuit Bar Association; American Bar Association; Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association; American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- Honors: Order of the Coif; American Jurisprudence Awards.