Thomas D. Huycke
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent and trademark applications.
- Rendering patent related opinions, including validity, infringement, and right to practice opinions.
- Performing intellectual property due diligence investigations.
- Providing technical and legal support in patent and trademark litigation matters.
- Tommy joined Dority & Manning in 2009.
- Tommy has familiarity with technologies in the electromechanical and mechanical arts, including fiber optic products and equipment, power generation and control systems, structural and building systems, pultrusion machinery, packaging and industrial machinery, automotive components, and agricultural machinery.
- Tommy manages global patent portfolios for a variety of clients.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, magna cum laude, 2006); West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., Order of the Coif, 2009).
- Civic and Community Service: American Bar Association; American Intellectual Property Law Association; Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (President).
- Honors: Order of the Coif; CALI Award winner in Patent Law, Civil Procedure, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, American Legal History, Civil Disobedience Seminar, Legal Research & Writing, Appellate Advocacy; Executive Editor, Volume 111 of West Virginia Law Review; Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society; Pi Tau Sigma Mechanical Engineering Honor Society.
- Publications: Licensed Anarchy: Anything Goes on the Internet? Revisiting the Boundaries of Section 230 Protection, 111 W. VA. L. REV. 581 (2009).