Steven R. LeBlanc
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, Colorado, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Extensive first chair experience in commercial litigation, having served as lead counsel in over 60 trials.
- Extensive first chair experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in patent and trademark litigation, having served as trial counsel in multiple patent and trademark trials.
- Represents clients in contested proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including patent re-examinations and trademark oppositions and cancellations.
- Prepares and prosecutes patent and trademark applications in the mechanical, electrical, and chemical arts.
- General counseling associated with licensing and asserting/defending intellectual property rights.
- Steve is a Principal at Dority & Manning, having joined the firm in 2001.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Steve represented clients in both state and federal courts in products liability, construction, premises liability, and insurance defense litigation.
- Since joining Dority & Manning, Steve has represented clients litigating patent rights associated with electrical distribution and measuring, locomotive parking brakes, sub-surface ventilation, high speed carton machines, automotive tires, mining and mineral processing, textiles, and other disciplines. Click here for a list of representative cases.
- Education: The Citadel (B.S. in Computer Science, 1984); The Citadel (M.B.A. 1992); University of South Carolina (J.D. 1997)
- Admissions: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Several U.S. District Courts through pro hac vice.
- Military: Steve is also a former Submarine Officer and Nuclear Engineer with the U.S. Navy and has also worked as a consultant to the U.S. Department of Energy in matters associated with Environmental Management, Hazardous Waste Operations, Reactor Operations, and Instrumentation and Controls.