Sterling R. Waite
Licensed to practice in:
Georgia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Sterling drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the electrochemical and mechanical arts.
- Sterling also interfaces with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent applications across the world.
- Sterling has been with Dority & Manning since 2017.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Sterling was an associate in a large, intellectual property firm where he assisted in patent litigation in district court proceedings including claim construction and discovery disputes, participated in inter partes review proceedings, and drafted and prosecuted patent applications.
- Prior to law school, Sterling worked for a contractor for the U.S. Air Force where he conducted both structural and fracture-and-fatigue analysis of structural aircraft components. He was involved in activities such as managing data collection of various military aircraft to predict and prevent fracture and fatigue, laboratory and field testing, and using computer-based finite element models to aid in component redesign.
- Education: Manhattan College (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, magna cum laude 2008); Columbia University (M.S., Engineering Mechanics 2009); University of Georgia ( J.D., cum laude 2016).
- Civic and Community Service: Intellectual Property Section of the Georgia Bar.
- Honors: Pi Tau Sigma (National Mechanical Engineering Honor Society); Epsilon Sigma Pi (Manhattan College Honor Society).
- Publications: Prior Art Status of Conference Handouts Depends on Multiple Factors, Including Expectations of Confidentiality, Dority & Manning (June 28, 2018), available here; Lessons from Post-Halo Enhanced Damages Decisions, Jeffrey Totten, James Stein, and Sterling Waite, www.law360.com (April 24, 2017).