Robert R. Walling, III
Licensed to practice in:
Georgia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Bobby drafts and prosecutes patent applications in the electrical, electromechanical, and mechanical arts.
- Bobby has experience litigating intellectual property cases in district courts throughout the United States, before the International Trade Commission, before the Federal Circuit, and before the Eleventh Circuit.
- Bobby has experience in post grant procedures before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Bobby has been with Dority & Manning since 2016.
- Bobby has served as in-house intellectual property counsel to a leading global broadband cable equipment manufacturer.
- Bobby has considerable technical experience in the areas of broadband data, video, and voice systems.
- Prior to his legal career, Bobby worked as a computer programmer.
- Education: Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., Computer Science, 2004); Emory (J.D., with honors, 2009).
- Admissions: Georgia, USPTO.
- Honors: Order of the Coif; Dean’s Award for Patent Law; TI:GER (The Technological Innovation: Generating Economic Results program) certificate.
- Publications: “USPTO Clarifies Standard for Review of Financial Services Patents”, Robert Baron, Jr., Richard Miller, Robert Walling III (www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/uspto-clarifies-standard-for-review-of-f-35703/).