Robert H. Williams
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, North Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent and trademark applications.
- Rendering patent related opinions, including validity, infringement, and right to practice opinions.
- Rob joined Dority & Manning in 2016.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Rob worked with a general practice law firm where, in addition to preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications, he represented clients in litigation matters that included intellectual property, products liability, construction litigation, toxic tort, professional negligence, and insurance defense. Rob also spent two years as a patent examiner at the USPTO.
- Education: University of North Carolina at Charlotte (B.S., Civil Engineering, 2004); University of South Carolina (J.D., 2008).
- Civic and Community Service: Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association, South Carolina Bar Association.
- Honors: South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016, 2018); CALI Award: Administrative Law; Columbia Business Monthly, Midlands Legal Elite: Intellectual Property (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015).
- Publications: “Recent Trends in the Patent Monetization Marketplace” (co-author), AIPLA Mid-Winter Institute (January 2015); “ZFS on Linux: Patent & Licensing Issues” Palmetto Open Source Software Conference (March 2013); “Intellectual Property for Engineers,” Legal Issues for South Carolina Professional Engineers (April 2013).